- Your Council
- About Us
- Agendas & Minutes
- Becoming a Councillor
- Freedom of Information
- Member Vacancies
- Parish Councillors
- Policies & Procedures
- Powers and Duties
- What we do
- News & Newsletters
- Our Community
- Open Spaces
- Virtual MuseumWe currently have four casual vacancies on the Parish Council – we need councillors with a range of talents. If you are interested, come to a meeting to see what we do.We are a proactive Council keen do what we can to support our local communities. Would you like to help us with environmental projects, whilst keeping fit and making new friends? If so please contact us.Worplesdon Parish Council is a non-party political, non-ecclesiastical organisation.
Worplesdon Parish Council owns and leases a number of parcels of land within the Parish.
The Parish Council is responsible for maintaining:
• The play areas in Fairlands, Jacobs Well and the Worplesdon Memorial Grounds
• Tennis courts 1 & 2, Worplesdon Memorial Grounds
• Harry’s Meadow (The Harry Pickup Memorial Meadow), Jacobs Well – located behind Jacobs Well Village Hall
• Nevins Copse, Pinks Hill, Broad Street Common (named after the late Cllr Mike Nevins)
• Pitch Place Green, Perry Hill Green (including Coombe Lane) and Wood Street Village (including the pond and part of White Hart Lane)
Events may be held on the village greens and Harry’s Meadow provided permission is obtained from the Parish Council.
Events Application Form