- Your Council
- About Us
- Agendas & Minutes
- Becoming a Councillor
- Freedom of Information
- Member Vacancies
- Parish Councillors
- Policies & Procedures
- Powers and Duties
- What we do
- News & Newsletters
- Our Community
- Open Spaces
- Virtual MuseumMajor planning application under consideration, Keens Lane, Worplesdon – 148 houses and a 70 bed care home. Planning application no: 18/P/01014 – deadline for responses 29 June 2018Full council meeting – 28th June 2018, 7.30pm, Small Hall, Worplesdon Memorial Hall, GU3 3RFWe currently have two casual vacancies on the parish – are you interested in becoming a councillor? If so please feel free to attend a council meeting to see how things work.
Worplesdon Parish Council owns and leases a number of parcels of land within the Parish.
The Parish Council is responsible for maintaining:
• The play areas in Fairlands, Jacobs Well and the Worplesdon Memorial Grounds
• Tennis courts 1 & 2, Worplesdon Memorial Grounds
• Harry’s Meadow (The Harry Pickup Memorial Meadow), Jacobs Well – located behind Jacobs Well Village Hall
• Nevins Copse, Pinks Hill, Broad Street Common (named after the late Cllr Mike Nevins)
• Pitch Place Green, Perry Hill Green (including Coombe Lane) and Wood Street Village (including the pond and part of White Hart Lane)
Events may be held on the village greens and Harry’s Meadow provided permission is obtained from the Parish Council.
Events Application Form