PARISH OF WORPLESDON
JACOB’S WELL WARD
NOTICE OF VACANCY IN OFFICE OF PARISH COUNCILLOR
Notice is hereby given pursuant to rule 5 of The Local Elections (Parishes and Communities) (England & Wales) Rules 2006, that consequent upon the resignation of Cllr David Snipp, a casual vacancy exists in the Office of Councillor for the Jacob’s Well Ward of the said Parish.
If a request for an election to fill the said vacancy signed by ten registered electors of the said Parish ward is received on or before 16 June 2021 by the Proper Officer of Guildford Borough Council, Millmead House, Millmead, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 4BB, an election will be held to fill the said vacancy. If no such notice is received by the Proper Officer, the vacancy will be filled by the Parish Council by co-option.
Dated : 26 May 2021
There are currently two casual vacancies available on the Parish Council both within the Jacobs Well ward.
We are a proactive and friendly parish council, who engage in a wide variety of tasks – would you like to join us and make a difference? Click on the link to view the Councillors Application Form
Being a Parish Councillor involves:
- Participating in the management of the Parish – including attendance at meetings, setting policies, strategies, the budget (Council Tax), service delivery etc.
- Representing the interests of the local community
- Putting something back into your local community and environment
- Having useful skills to offer
- It’s actually good fun – most of the time!
Anyone wishing to be considered for co-option should contact the Clerk to the Council, in writing or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the link to find out more about what’s involved with being a parish councillor.