- Your Council
- About Us
- Agendas & Minutes
- Becoming a Councillor
- Freedom of Information
- Member Vacancies
- Parish Councillors
- Policies and Procedures
- Powers and Duties
- Staff vacancy
- What we do
- News & Newsletters
- Our Community
- Open Spaces
- Virtual Museum
- Contact Us
- TransparencyThe Parish office is closed from Monday 12 August 2019 until Tuesday 27 August 2019. If you have an urgent enquiry, please contact your local ward councillor.There is currently one vacancy on the Parish Council (representing the ward of Wood Street/Broadacres). If you are interested in becoming a parish councillor, please contact the Clerk to the Council.Vacancy for a part-time Groundsperson – 24 hours per week – Salary LC7 – a hard copy of the application pack can be obtained from the Clerk to the Council or download the pack from our website. Deadline for applications 9 September 2019.
Following recent resignations, four Casual Vacancies now exist on the Parish Council.
We are a proactive and friendly parish council, who engage in a wide variety of tasks – would you like to join us and make a difference? Click here to view the Councillors Application Form
Being a Parish Councillor involves:
- Participating in the management of the Parish – including attendance at meetings, setting policies, strategies, the budget (Council Tax), service delivery etc.
- Representing the interests of the local community
- Putting something back into your local community and environment
- Having useful skills to offer
- It’s actually good fun – most of the time!
Anyone wishing to be considered for co-option should contact the Clerk to the Council, in writing or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to find out more about what’s involved with being a parish councillor.
PARISH OF WORPLESDON
WOOD STREET WARD
NOTICE OF VACANCIES IN OFFICE OF PARISH COUNCILLOR
Notice is hereby given pursuant to rule 5 of The Local Elections (Parishes and Communities) (England & Wales) Rules 2006, that consequent upon the resignation of Councillors Neville Bryan, Lisa Wright and Helena Unwin-Golding, three casual vacancies exist in the Office of Councillor for the Wood Street Ward of the said Parish.
If a request for an election to fill the said vacancy signed by ten registered electors of the said Parish ward is received on or before 17 July 2019 by the Proper Officer of Guildford Borough Council, Millmead House, Millmead, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 4BB, an election will be held to fill the said vacancy. If no such notice is received by the Proper Officer, the vacancy will be filled by the Parish Council by co-option.
Dated : 27 June 2019