- Your Council
- About Us
- Agendas & Minutes
- Becoming a Councillor
- Freedom of Information
- Member Vacancies
- Parish Councillors
- Policies and Procedures
- Powers and Duties
- What we do
- News & Newsletters
- Our Community
- Borough Councillor contact details
- Community Facilities
- Community Resilience
- County Councillor contact details
- Community Volunteering
- Residents’ Survey 2019
- Open Spaces
- Virtual Museum
- Contact Us
- TransparencyThere is currently one vacancy on the Parish Council (representing the ward of Wood Street/Broadacres). If you are interested in becoming a parish councillor, please contact the Clerk to the Council.
One casual vacancy currently exists on the Parish Council – representing Wood Street Village and Broadacres.
We are a proactive and friendly parish council, who engage in a wide variety of tasks – would you like to join us and make a difference? Click on the link to view the Councillors Application Form
Being a Parish Councillor involves:
- Participating in the management of the Parish – including attendance at meetings, setting policies, strategies, the budget (Council Tax), service delivery etc.
- Representing the interests of the local community
- Putting something back into your local community and environment
- Having useful skills to offer
- It’s actually good fun – most of the time!
Anyone wishing to be considered for co-option should contact the Clerk to the Council, in writing or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the link to find out more about what’s involved with being a parish councillor.