Over the Christmas period and New Year, the Guildford Borough Council offices will be closed:

  • from 4.30pm on Friday 22 December until Thursday 28 December
  • on the Monday 1 January

What to do in an emergency

Where there is a risk to life, for example a flood or fire, residents should call 999 immediately.

Residents and councillors can report an emergency, such as flooding, to the out of hours service on 01344 949371 who will be able to direct the call to the appropriate person.

In the event of an emergency involving a Guildford property, residents or councillors can call:

  • 01483 444222 (during office hours)
  • 01483 532122 (outside office hours)

An emergency is a repair that, if not attended to quickly, could lead to:

  • personal injury
  • damage to the property
  • a health hazard

More emergency information is available on our website

For non-emergency repairs enquiries and requests

If residents have access to the internet and are able, they can report their housing repairs online.

If the emergency is not resolved satisfactorily by the out of hours service, the housing repair team will be on duty at all times. You can contact them on 01483 523 122.

Advice for adverse weather is available on our website including the location of sandbags across the borough.

In case of a flooding emergency please follow the advice below:

  • If you think there is a threat to life, please call 999 and ask for Surrey Fire and Rescue
  • If water is blocking roads or pavements and causing danger call Surrey County Council on 0300 200 1003. If you are calling out of hours, please hold for option 3 (roads and transport) followed by option 2 (highways and traffic signal emergencies).

When you are able to please report flooding to Surrey County Council

Report flooding on line

  1. Call: 0300 200 1003
  2. Email: contact.centre@surreycc.gov.uk
  3. Textphone (via Text Relay): 18001 0300 200 1003
  4. SMS: 07860 053 465
  5. VRS:  Sign Language Video Relay Service

If there is any sign of sewage

Call your water provider What to do during sewer flooding | Thames Water on 0800 316 9800 or My home is flooded with sewer water (southernwater.co.uk) on 0330 303 0368.

If a river has burst its banks

Call the Environment Agency 24-hour Hotline on 0800 80 70 60.

Sandbags are located across the Borough for use in an emergency sandbag locations

If you lose power

Report it via Power Cut 105 by calling 105.

For ease the numbers that you should use for the majority of issues are:

  1. Emergency planning out of hours 01344 949371
  2. Housing repair issues 01483 532122