- Your Council
- About Us
- Agendas & Minutes
- Becoming a Councillor
- Freedom of Information
- Member Vacancies
- Parish Councillors
- Policies and Procedures
- Powers and Duties
- What we do
- News & Newsletters
- Our Community
- Borough Councillor contact details
- Community Facilities
- Community Resilience
- County Councillor contact details
- Community Volunteering
- Residents’ Survey 2019
- Open Spaces
- Virtual Museum
- Contact Us
New bus operator – Bus services 28 and 91 – via Worplesdon
Falcon buses have taken over the former Excetera service for route 28 (and the 91). The new time table can be viewed by clicking on the link below.
Could You Become A Special Constable
We’re writing to ask if you, or someone you know, could become a Special Constable?
The Special Constabulary is made up of members of the public who volunteer to spend their time helping to police their local community.
Specials play a crucial role in fighting crime and keeping Surrey safer. They come from many different backgrounds and walks of life, forming a vital link between their community and Surrey Police.
Recruitment for Special Constables is now open and we are looking for people with a passion for helping their communities. The role of Special Constable will provide you with opportunities to learn new transferable skills and gain valuable life experience.
Specials wear the same uniform and carry the same powers and responsibilities as our regular officers, whilst working alongside colleagues on your Area Policing Team. Once successfully through the application process you will receive 12 weeks of initial training, which includes one evening and one Saturday per week, followed by further training once out on your chosen borough.
What’s in it for me?
- The satisfaction of supporting and policing your community
- The opportunity to learn new transferable skills and gain valuable life experience
- The opportunity to work in a professional environment, supported by up-to-date training and knowledge
- A chance to challenge yourself and show what you are capable of
- If you are considering a career with the police, this is a great place to start as you’ll gain experience of what it is like and if it’s for you.
To find out more about the role and to apply click here. The application window closes on 28th January 2019.