Clerk to the Council: Mrs Gaynor White, West View,
84 Rydes Hill Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 9UG
Phone: 01483 300094 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy - Part Time Assistant Clerk
Salary SCP26 - SCP 29
The successful candidate would be entitled to join the Local Government Pension Scheme Mileage 45p per mile (up to an agreed limit)
Worplesdon Parish Council is looking to appoint an Assistant Clerk to support the Clerk to the Council.
Working from home the Assistant Clerk will be required to: Administer the Worplesdon Flood Forum, administer all Land Management matters ensuring that the Council works within the law, advising on and implementing policy, produce quarterly newsletters and the Annual Report, assist with administering the Council’s website, deal with members of the public and attend all evening meetings of the Council. The successful applicant must be willing to undertake training courses in Sussex and Surrey including ILCA (Introduction to Local Council Administration) and CILCA (the Certificate in Local Council Administration).
The ideal candidate will preferably live within Worplesdon Parish will have administrative experience, knowledge of local government and an enthusiasm for working with the local community. Initially a part-time role this position may increase to a full time role in the future.
The successful applicant must have:
· A good telephone manner
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent IT skills (training will be provided for job specific tasks)
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook
· The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
· The ability to work contracted hours at flexible times during weekdays (and occasionally weekends)
· Drive, determination and organisational skills to manage a varied workload
· Initiative and the ability to problem solve without supervision
· A sense of humour
· A valid driving licence and own transport (to include business insurance cover)
· The ability to attend evening meetings
· Adequate space to work from home – including the secure storage of Parish Council papers.
· A broadband connection of at least 15 mbps.
Closing date: Noon 28.9.2017
APPLICATION PACKS ARE AVAILABLE FROM:
The Clerk to the Council
Mrs G F White
West View, 84 Rydes Hill Road
Guildford, GU2 9UG